Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Arriving today!

Something I'm doing differently this summer is traveling without my laptop.  As much as I adore my Macbook Pro (they say converts are the most zealous), last summer did a bit of damage to it and I would very much like for it to last a few more years.  I couldn't possibly travel without a computer, so I have bought a netbook.

What's a netbook?  Well, the term doesn't really have too much definition right now, but it's basically a mini laptop.  The current generation have identical hardware, leaving consumers to make decisions based on the OS and aesthetic considerations.  And I have chosen the Acer Aspire One (it barely edged out the Lenovo S10-3).  It's beautiful:


Also light, has almost 10 hours of battery life, and is going to make my backpack significantly lighter.

And since the UPS truck literally just arrived, I'm going to say goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment