Friday, June 11, 2010

My love for Windows (or lack thereof) + Ebooks

Over the past few days, I've been installing all my programs on the netbook, and I have less than positive feelings for Windows, Windows 7 to be specific.  I feel like it's that kid in class who always wants credit for everything they do.  When I first put in my USB drive, it needed to show an obnoxious pop up to tell me it installed the driver.  You know what my mac did when I first used that hard drive?  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  Because it's a basic of expectation that a computer from the 21st century can handle such a simple task.

Enough griping.  On a more positive note, I've found a couple programs my local library subscribes to that let me borrow ebooks (and eaudiobooks too, but I don't care about those so much) for about three weeks.  I use a great program called Adobe Digital Editions that downloads ebooks in about five or ten seconds, I'm really looking forward to making use of it over the next couple of months.  I've got some really great books out from the e-library, so expect some books reviews in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment