Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Second place is the first loser which makes third place...

[This is dated, but I found it in my drafts and thought it was worth sharing]

No, it's obviously an important match and should be a good one.  Before the final happens I wanted to share the place where I watched the Netherlands game a few days ago, the Duke of Wellington at the Mayflower Hotel, with a group of rabid Dutch fans.  It was perfect.

As if the name doesn't give it away, the Duke of Wellington is an aspiring English pub decorated with some folksy touches.  It was decked out (not by the management, just well prepared fans) for the game:


A close up on my favorite decoration:


Another student in my program is from the Netherlands, and I'll probably be rooting for them purely because of him, my teams (USA and Ghana) left too long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment