Monday, August 2, 2010

The South

 
Or the Caribbean? My trip this past Saturday went to Sidon and Tyre, two southern coastal cities in Lebanon.  More to follow on them, but for now I'll say the south of Lebanon is gorgeous.  Most of the beaches are covered in trash, but those that are not were absolutely stunning.  When I could smell it, the ocean breeze was just what the doctor ordered.  There is far more to see than the coastline, so get excited for a crusader castle, a soap museum (I know, more soap...but I'll be brief), lots of beautiful ruins, and a hippodrome.

Also saw a little bit of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) going through a checkpoint.  The troops I saw were from the Korean contingent.  Not going to lie, it was a little strange to see Korean soldiers all the way over here in Lebanon, but I imagine that is how people feel when they see American troops all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment