Friday, July 30, 2010

Because Asking Your Daddy for a Pony is So Cliché

I want a camel.  Long story short, I've been obsessed with camels since getting a stuffed camel I named Humphrey as a little girl.  I was super excited to see my first camel (I might have seen a few at fairs, but never up close) in real life in Baalbek last weekend!

Having been warned in the past that the real-life creatures are nowhere near as cute and cuddly as my Humphrey I was totally prepared to be disappointed, but the camels I met were really nice and let me take lots of pictures and pet them quite a bit:


Want more camels?  Click past the jump.


There were three camels outside of Baalbek for tourists to take rides on, a mom, dad, and their son.  The mom:


The little guy, who was full grown, but definitely had a lot more energy and curiosity than his parents:


I asked their owner what the little guys name was, the answer?  Jamal.  Which is camel in Arabic.  The mother's name?  Jamal.  Same for the father.  If someone buys me a camel, I will give it a real name.  That's a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment