Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Le Tour

This year, it shouldn't be called the Tour de France.  I'm renaming it the Tour de Disappointment.  Or however you say disappointment in French (Tour de Déception according to Google translate).

While I won't go so far as to say Lance is out, because you just never know, I think it's safe to say that the chances of an 8th win for him are getting narrower by the day.  And they haven't been very big since he moved down to thirty-something in the overall rankings.  I like this Andy Schleck kid, but I will not be happy if Alberto Contador wins.  I just didn't like the way he acted on Armstrong's team last year.  I'm probably biased, but that's where I stand.

If you're wondering what in the world I'm talking about, and actually care to learn more (I know I'm talking to a small audience here), follow Lance on twitter and read this NY Times article to get up to speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment